So, as my life becomes more and more hectic while caring for my family and myself, I’ve learned to appreciate the things that I truly love in this life. Ok, that sounds really hokey. The truth is that I take so many things for granted, and I am
failing working attempting to establish a sense of order. In surrounding myself with the things that I love, life just seems to make more sense.
That being said, I felt it appropriate to check in with myself and determine the things that are really, truly making me happy these days. I have been obsessed with lists lately (Pinterest’s influence, maybe?), so here is my list of the top 10, yes 10, things that are making my life a more comfortable, hospitable place to be.
1. Fage Cherry Yogurt. Now don’t worry, I am still obsessed with Chobani Strawberry Banana. However, the sweetness in the Fage Cherry…impecable. It is seriously like a sinful dessert in a strange little white container. Add some granola, and wowza.
2. Hoda and Kathie Lee. I usually only catch like 10 minutes of their show, a few days per week, but it is so stinking hilarious. Those 2 women are like the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum of the morning talk show syndicate, but in a saucy, sauced good sort of way. Keep up to good work and the self-deprecating humor.
3. The Civil Wars. Great duo. Their music captures somewhat generic indie harmonies while embracing a sexual tension all their own. Seriously, every video on YouTube is of them singing directly into each other’s faces. Weird, but i like it. The guy is sort of like a less attractive Johnny Depp. And, believe it or not, they are not married!
4. My Book Club. Seriously the best women I know, which is appropriate since our club is known around town as, “The Best Book Club in the Whoooooole World.” Our next selection is The Help, by Kathryn Stockett. Very excited. So, the answer is no, I have not seen the movie. But, I still have to buy the book, or find it magically for free, which is typical protocol for me. My husband suggested maybe I could just watch the movie and say I read the book. He obviously does not know how our club works. 🙂
5. The Return of the Pumpkin Space Latte. Epic. Truly would not be fall with out it. While drinking said latte, I find myself in a sort of dreamland, surrounded by golden and ruby-red trees. Typically, I am actually drinking it while driving to the next activity with my kiddos, but this dreamworld and dream coffee concoction keep me going.
6. Utz Brand Sweet Salsa. Can be found in most grocery stores, I think. At least the ones that I go to. It is AWESOME on chicken, with chips….I think it would really be good on anything. Really, I do.
7. My husband. We seem to be so in sync lately, and since tomorrow is our anniversary, I feel very lucky and blessed for the 7 years of wedded bliss (a.k.a. tumultuous blur of moves, trips, births, deployments, food, wine and music) we have survived.
8. Blogs. Since I started my own, I can’t stop reading the work of others. I sort of feel absolutely inferior and technologically stunted. I know these are my own thoughts, but I sort of wish I thought like some of the other bloggers that I love. I will write a post soon with a list of the sites that I frequent! I know you are absolutely on the edge of your seat.
9. My treadmill. Yeah, right. I truly despise it. But I am losing weight, and I have a goal of 20 pounds before my New Years Rendezvous in Vegas!! Bring it on, you bitch of a machine that allows me to conveniently run in place in the privacy of my own cluttered basement. I will defeat you.
10. Finally, I LOVE brown. Really, I love brown. Everything that I am buying for fall is a shade of brown. Brown boots, brown sweaters, brown purse. If you know me, I am usually in black. So for me, brown is the new black.
I wish I had the energy to include my dislikes, which are plentiful, but I am trying to keep out the negative. However, I definitely feel a cynical day coming on sometime in the near future. Stay tuned.
P.S. Sorry for the lack of pics. I just didn’t have the energy to go take shots of everything. Will try to do better in the future.